Sometimes even home-owners with the greenest of thumbs are a little frightened by the prospect of overhauling or improving their home’s landscape design and for a good reason. As a professional landscaping company, we’ve heard about, and witnessed countless landscape horror stories from our Thornhill and Richmond Hill customers. Before spending thousands on undertaking an extensive landscaping project yourself, consider investing in a professionally curated landscape design. Here are the top reasons why you should forgo DIY and stick with the landscaping pros.
Consider These Benefits to Hiring a Professional Landscaping Contractor
- Increasing Your Home’s Market ValueA visually appealing exterior often signals to potential buyers a beautiful interior while an unkempt or disorganized landscape could mean the difference between selling and staying on the market. With quality design and maintenance, landscaping contractors can raise the value of your home by as much as 20 percent.
- Selecting PlantsThe amateur landscaper can be overwhelmed by the sheer number of plant options for their landscape design. There are many factors to consider when choosing plants, from their individual needs like soil and light conditions to their aesthetic properties like height, colour, texture, shape, and seasonal changes that determine their placement and cohesion within your landscape. Landscaping contractors understand how to maximize beauty while minimizing maintenance for your particular home environment.
- Hardscaping and InstallingLandscape design is about more than plants and pretty colours. While every landscape contractor is adept at organizing flowers, trees, and shrubs in a visually appealing way, they are also experts at installing other outdoor features such as paths, fountains, benches, pools, or outdoor kitchens for a complete outdoor experience. Professional landscaping companies understand building codes, regulations, and permits, and will take care of all of the paperwork for you.
- Adding a Unique TouchIf you want your landscape to imitate those you’ve seen on HGTV, go for it. But if you want to create a personalized and unique outdoor space that speaks to you and makes a statement, stick with the professionals. Often, home-owners have only vague ideas about how they want their landscape to look or can only describe the feeling or atmosphere they want to achieve but don’t know the right steps or features that will get them there. The best landscaping contractors are good communicators and visionaries. They understand the basics of landscaping, but have a vast knowledge of uncommon plants or distinctive features that will set your landscape apart from the rest in your neighbourhood, and will reflect your personal tastes. No amount of Pinterest-ing or TV-watching can compare to years of training and practice when it comes to landscaping.
- Investing in Your FutureUnless you’re planning on selling your home soon, you probably want it and the land it sits on to last as long as possible. Every design decision landscaping contractors make is with the present and the future in mind, helping the beauty of your landscape to endure long after its initial design. They can age your plantings for up to 20 years and take into account problems that could happen over that time or with changes in weather and seasons, such as growing tree roots, water and snow drainage issues, or choosing climate-appropriate vegetation.
Hiring landscaping contractors is a great investment in your home’s beauty and longevity. The very best landscaping companies encourage you to become an active participant in your landscaping project, and will work with you to plant your outdoor needs and dreams in reality – and you won’t even have to pick up a shovel to do it.